Reading Notes: Mahabharata C.A Kincaid B

One thing I liked more in this version is they went more in-depth on how each of the Pandavas went into hiding. Even though it was a brief couple of sentences, Kincaid's version talks about each of their journeys to go into hiding, which I don't believe happened in the public domain version.

This version made a few minor changes such as Bhima rolling up Kichaka into a ball after killing him. While it isn't anything major, I think this small change characterizes Bhima a lot better.

Unfortunately, this version completely disregards Karna and Arjuna's rivalry. During the war, Karna was treated as just another side-character. He literally just shows up, his chariot gets stuck, and he gets killed by Arjuna. It makes me a little upset since Karna is my favorite character. I do understand it though since this version is essentially only talking about the Pandavas.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It was a different perspective and it was short too so it helped refresh some of the stuff that I forgot. I wish they kept Karna and Arjuna's rivalry though.

Bhishma's Death

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 7 Story: Karna's Final Thoughts