Biography: Morning of the MCAT

It is currently March 13th, 10 PM.

Ten hours from now, I'll be taking the MCAT, I remember thinking.

I've always had trouble sleeping whenever I have something very important to do on the next day.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, I thought.

I knew I needed to get at least 8 hours of sleep so I went to my roommate and got some of his extra strength sleeping pills. I took one of those pills, set 15 alarms from 6:00 to 6:15, and then instantly fell asleep. I briefly remember waking up around 4:30 AM and checking the time and then falling right back asleep. My alarm rings at 6:00 and I woke up. I was pleasantly surprised at how much energy I had even though it was 6 in the morning.

I have plenty of time, let's just relax for a little bit, I thought.

So I spent the next twenty minutes scrolling through Twitter. I then realized that I still haven't showered, made my lunch, or know where the testing venue is and it is 6:20.

Shit.

I quickly showered and got dressed. I made a big breakfast since I knew I wouldn't have the appetite to eat during the exam. By the time I was leaving my apartment, it was already 7:00 AM and it takes about 30 minutes to get to the testing venue.

Ok I'm still on time.

When I was about midway to the testing venue, it suddenly started pouring rain out of nowhere. It also just so happens that my wipers were broken and I never got them fixed. I couldn't speed because I could barely see. At one point, I even veered off my lane in the highway because of how badly I couldn't see. Luckily there were barely any cars there at the time.

Imagine this but like 10 times worse


I paid $400 and spent 4 months studying for this, no way I'm gonna die now, I remember thinking.

My heart was beating really fast and I could feel the adrenaline pumping just because of how scared I was of driving at that time. Luckily, the heavy rain passed in like 10 minutes so I was able to speed again. I made it to the venue at 7:40 AM, 20 minutes before my exam starts.

What a way to start one of the most important days of my life. 

I got checked in and they walked me to my cubicle.

It's now or never. 

And so, I begin my exam.

Author's Note:
I took the MCAT on March 14th. I thought it would be a funny story to tell because had I not gone on Twitter for 20 minutes, I probably could've dodged all that unnecessary stress. Either way, this was basically everything that happened leading up to the MCAT. I actually thought I was going to die while I was driving since I could barely see. I ended up having to follow the rear-lights of cars just to make sure I was staying in my lane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 11 Story: The Bully and the Kid