Biography: My Biggest Fear

A common thing that people like to ask me is what my biggest fear is. I have always been a realistic person so things like ghosts or monsters never really scared me. What have always scared me is kidney stones. No, I am not joking and yes I am deathly afraid of them. When I was little, I used to never drink water no matter what my mom did. I didn't drink juice or soda either. In fact, I didn't even drink anything unless I was severely dehydrated. Don't ask me why cause honestly I don't know either. Anyways, to get me to drink water, my mom would tell little 6 year old me the horrors of when she had a kidney stone. She would tell me how it was a worst pain than pregnancy and how sometimes it gets to a point where she can't even walk without feeling immense pain. Each time she finished a story, she would end it with "we have a history of kidney stones in the family, so make sure you drink your water." I don't think she understands how big of an effect this had on me cause even now, 15 years later, I am so afraid of them. On the bright side though, I carry around a 32 oz Nalgene bottle that I try to drink 2 of every day. So thanks mom I guess?

I try to drink two of these a day
Courtesy of Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 11 Story: The Bully and the Kid