Time Strategies

Last semester, I took a class where all of our homework was online. The homework was based off of readings and we had the ability to work ahead and finish all 15 assignments whenever we wanted. I decided to finish all of them in the first week of school and that was a major time-save during the semester. While the assignments weren't hard, they were time-consuming. Last semester was very hectic for me so the fact that I worked ahead had saved me multiple times. I plan on being at least a week ahead in my assignments for this class too.

The two articles that I read were "How to Beat Procrastination" by Caroline Webb and "The Important Habit of Just Starting" by Jory Mackay. Both of the articles were pretty similar but they were helpful. One new thing that I learned in "How to Beat Procrastination" was thinking about the pros and cons associated with not starting a task. Most of the time, I think weigh the costs and benefits with starting a task but I have never thought about it in that way.

Motivation


Time management is something that I struggle with but I plan on setting aside time during the weekend to get ahead in this class. For that reason, my current schedule of 2 hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will work just fine. As for the rest of my schedule, I am taking a fairly easier schedule compared to my previous semesters because of the MCAT so my biggest time challenges would just be common distractions like my phone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 7 Story: Karna's Final Thoughts