My Favorite Place: Toronto

Canada, specifically Toronto, has a very special place in my heart. It was where I lived for the first 6 years of my life and I have many fond memories of this city.

The beautiful city of Toronto

One of the biggest things that Toronto takes pride in is their diverse population and there is no better evidence than this than the food. You can get traditional Indian food for lunch and go right down the street afterwards for a Chinese sponge cake or Dulce de Leche. There is also so many attractions in Toronto that can appeal to almost anyone. You can see classic landmarks such as Niagara Falls or the C.N. Tower. If you are into sports, there is the Hockey Hall of Fame or you can watch one of the various Toronto sports teams, such as the Raptors. There are world-famous exhibits, such as the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Royal Ontario Museum. If you are into animals, there is also the Toronto Zoo. Who can forget the Entertainment District where you can watch the latest musicals or plays. What if you just want to go shopping? Well, there's the Distillery District or the Eaton Center. The things you can do in Toronto are endless and that in combination with its diverse population makes Toronto my favorite place to visit.

One of my favorite places

 There are truly endless things to do



Comments

  1. I have never been to Toronto, Anthony, but someday I would really like to go. Whenever I read about that city, it sounds a lot like San Francisco (and I love San Francisco...). And Indian food is such an important part of Indian culture... you will see kheer/payasam playing a crucial role at the start of the Ramayana when King Dasharatha needs the gods' help to have a son. Of course, the kind of kheer you can get in Indian restaurants is not the epic kheer of the gods... but it's still yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 7 Story: Karna's Final Thoughts