Indian Epics Topic Brainstorm

Krisha the Hero:

I am interested in this topic because the premise looks very interesting. A hero slaying demons appeals to me and I think it would make reading it very easy. Additionally, the premise is decently flexible to wear I can mold it to almost anything I want for the storybook. I don't have any prior knowledge but I would like to know exactly what types of demons he slay. The reason why is because I was thinking of doing a retelling of it in the form of iconic NBA playoff series, in which there are many times where an underdog has defeated an extremely strong team (the most recent example being the 2011 Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat series). This resource seems promising because it is a fast-paced retelling which allows me to fit it in terms of a 7 game playoff series, if needed.
Arjuna and Krisha

Epic Battles:

Similar to Krisha the Hero, Epic Battles' premise is appealing to me. Since it is basically just a compilation of fights, it could be very interesting and thus would make reading it easier and more fun. I don't have prior knowledge over any battles in India. Additionally, Epic Battles seems very flexible and I could mold it to what I want to retell in my storybook. My first choice would be to retell it in the form of iconic NBA playoff series, similar to Krisha the Hero, and this seems easier to retell. I am not sure if this is a correct resource but I am able to check it out from the Bizzell Library. 

Epic Heroes:

Reading about heroes would make the project even more interesting and another thing that I like about it is that it is very flexible. It also seems fairly easy to retell a story about a hero, since I can just replace any prominent figure with said hero. I don't have any prior knowledge about these heroes. I also do not know yet about how I would retell stories about heroes but I am leaning, again, towards something sports related. This resource seems promising. 

Rama:

Finally, there is Rama. When I was doing the orientation week assignments, the storybooks I browsed that were about Rama seemed very interesting. This piqued my interest and is the main reason why I would want to do a storybook over this topic. I don't know anything about Rama but I would love to learn more. I do not know yet how I would retell Rama, but it would be similar to my previous 3 topics and I would try to fit it in terms of a prominent athlete. This resource seems promising because, as far as I know, it basically goes over the entirety of the history of Rama. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Russell Westbrook's Biggest Fan

Week 7 Story: Karna's Final Thoughts